Summer Baseball will be provided to players in Majors, Minor A (Sr. & Jr.) and Minor B Sr. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide programming for Minor B Jr. or T-Ball at this time. If that changes, we will update everyone.
Register here: https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/235117
In building the Return To Play programming we had to ensure we followed the guidelines and protocols outlined by viaSport (the governing body authorized by the Provincial Health Officer (PHO) to approve return to play plans (RTP) and Baseball BC (who established the general RTP for baseball in the province to be approved by viaSport).
More information, guidelines, forms, and links can be found on the 2020 Summer Baseball page.
DLL's Summer Baseball Return To Play (RTP) will look like this:
- Memorial Park West is divided into 4 separate training areas.
- Each training area will host a group of 10 players, 2 coaches and a volunteer parent responsible for sanitization.
- Coaches will run the kids through a series of fun skills that focus on development, competitive skills competitions could also be incorporated into the programming for a 90 minute session. As soon as we are given approval by viaSport, the PHO and Baseball BC, we will move to incorporate games into our programming.
- Players and coaches will be required to adhear to social distancing protocols of 2 meters.
- There will be stringent sanitization and cleaning protocols in place for all participants and any shared equipment.
- How much or how little any player chooses to participate is entirely up to each family, you do not have to commit to the entire month of programming:
- Session sign up is first come, first serve.
- Choose the week or weeks you would like to participate.
- Choose which sessions you would like, from 1 to 3 per week.
- Sessions will run Tuesday - Friday from 6:15-7:45 PM and on Saturdays from 11:30 AM-1:00 PM
- The Maximum amount of sessions per week available to any player is 3
- The price per player does not vary based on participation. $50 is the cost if you choose to play only once or if you choose to play 3 times a week for the entire month of July.
- We do not have the capability to move players from one group to another.
Any questions can be directed to Lisa, our registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org